Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Website Redo!!

ORIGINAL WEBSITE

Edited Website

    As you can see from the photos above, I have made a HUGE difference in the redo. The main difference that you guys will notice right away is that terrible background from the original site. If you stared at the old background for more than three minutes, you will no doubt get a MASSIVE headache. Plus it was a danger for people who suffer from epilepsy, people who get seizures from constantly flashing light. The style that I chose for this site was a very calm and soothing monochromatic scheme. And I must say, it really does look like a relaxed website.
    Another difference that was made is that I added a sidebar to easily navigate through all the different pages of the site. Before, you could barely see the sidebar, first because the color of the font blended in with the background, and second the size of the font was very small. Plus, you can clearly tell what the title of the website is now, unlike before when the motto of the website was bigger than the title. I did this by increasing the size of the logo and decreasing the size of the motto.
   If you go to this site now, the one thing you will definitely notice is that there was not ONE SINGLE PICTURE!! If you are going to have a site like this, you MUST have at least one picture, or even a logo. But this site was lacking both. So what I did was I found a picture of Jesus Christ (which I thought was important, this being a religious site) and they can add other pictures if they wanted too. I believe edited site would definitely bring more viewers, unlike before!! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment